Bodybuilding is one of the most physically and mentally demanding activities there are. You need the utmost discipline and determination to put in countless hours in the gym and maintain a clean diet. Because of this, many athletes result to taking anabolic steroids to aid this process.
The use of steroids and performance-enhancing substances dates way back to early Greek civilizations. However, it wasn’t until 1958 that the “Godfather of Steroids” Dr. John Bosley Zieglar created the anabolic steroid we know as Dianabol.
Dr. Zieglar worked closely with the US Olympic weightlifting team in the 50s as the team physician. During his work with them, he saw the Russians suffering from androgenic side effects of the drug Dianabol was based on. Working with CIBA pharmacies, they reduced the androgenic aspect while increasing the anabolic one in this steroid. After “perfecting” the chemical makeup of the drug, they later introduced it as Dianabol.
What is Dianabol?
Dianabol (also called Dbol and Methandrostenolone) is the world’s first oral steroid, introduced to the world. Prior to its introduction, you would administer steroids through syringe and needle. Because of this newfound convenience, its rise to popularity was almost meteoric.
The FDA initially approved the sale and distribution of Dbol in 1958, before the FDA revoked its approval entirely in 1985. Later in the year 1990, non-medical use of Dbol was deemed illegal by the Anabolic Steroids Control Act of the same year.
This drug was used and abused for a large part of the 60s and 70s. Some professional bodybuilders who are rumored to have taken this steroid are the legendary Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sergio Olivia. These guys are said to have guzzled these pills like candy. And because many prominent bodybuilders openly used it, Dbol was often referred to as “The Breakfast of Champions.”
How it works
When scientists created anabolic steroids, they wanted to mimic the effect of your body’s natural testosterone production. Hence, steroids are essentially derivatives of testosterone. This increase in testosterone is what generally leads to rapid muscle growth and bulk.
Dbol works by magnifying the protein synthesis in the muscle tissues. The primary contributor to protein synthesis is your body’s ability to retain nitrogen. When your body digests the Dbol pills, this leads to increased levels of nitrogen within it. The increase in nitrogen levels is the natural response of your body to the drug.
Your body then carries the released nitrogen to the rest of your muscles through the bloodstream. The nitrogen even helps your body with increased RBC (red blood cell) production.
Meanwhile, your metabolism spikes up too, along with other biochemical reactions happening within your body. These biochemical reactions result in increased energy throughout the day, especially for demanding physical workout sessions.
When the blood carrying the increased nitrogen and RBC reaches your muscles, it breaks down within the bulk of the muscle tissue and turns into protein. When the protein reaches the targeted muscles, the tissue absorbs them quickly. Consequently, a series of aerobic digestion occurs in the presence of oxygen. Once these reactions take place, the muscles become pumped up and exceed their previous capabilities. This is mainly attributed to the protein being the essential building block for muscle growth. Based on the muscle structure, the layers of tissue leverage protein, digesting it for growth and strength advantages.
Dianabol gained disproportionate popularity for its ability to magnify gains in such a short period. While Dbol is now widely an illegal drug, its popularity is not without reason.
Listed below are the known benefits of Dbol:
- It is an oral anabolic steroid. This was a revolutionary breakthrough during the time of its release. Most drugs were injected, which made the idea of taking them orally so convenient. Until now, contraband Dbol mostly comes in the form of pills.
- The effects of Dbol are fast-acting and pronounced. Whereas most drugs take a few weeks to show significant results, Dbol takes mere days.
- Dbol produces colossal and efficient muscle mass gains. Many users showed gains of over 40 lbs in one cycle alone.
- It produced a drastic increase in the strength of the musculoskeletal system.
- Accelerates metabolic rates
- Promotes fat burning, which can lead to cutting and weight loss
- Huge bursts of energy and strength during a workout
- Avoids fatigue, reducing the amount of recovery time in between exercises
- Significant increase in testosterone levels
- Feeling significantly more energized throughout the day
- Increased protein synthesis within your muscles
- Enhanced overall physique
You can see that Dianabol earned its reputation as the “Breakfast of Champions” because of its incredible benefits. However, that’s only one side to this drug. In exchange for all this upside, there are significant downsides, which can lead to life-threatening diseases.
Dbol may have quite an attractive set of benefits, but once you read its risks and side effects, you will not want to touch it. Here is the ugly side of Dianabol:
- Water retention
- Gynecomastia, or formation of “Man Boobs.”
- Excessive hair growth
- Acne outbreak
- Sexual problems, like Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid-Induced Hypogonadism (ASIH)
- Cardiovascular problems specifically sustained hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy
- Liver problems: this drug cycles through the liver repeatedly, which causes injury to the liver. Liver problems stand out as the most glaring risk when taking anabolic steroids. Some diseases associated are acute to chronic cholestatic syndrome and hepatitic adenomas.
It’s quite evident what harm Dianabol is capable of, especially in the long run. We understand that you might be desperate to gain muscles immediately, but Dbol is very capable of ruining your life permanently.
Dianabol has since been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Many physicians would advise those taking or planning to take Dbol stop immediately.
However, there are legal alternatives to Dbol.
LegalSteroids D-Bol (Methadrostenol): A legal and safe alternative to Dianabol
While their names are incredibly similar, D-Bol™ is an entirely safe and legal steroid. LegalSteroids invented D-Bol™ in the summer of 2001. Since then, it has become the most popular oral anabolic due to reports of extremely pronounced muscle strength and size gains.
The main factor for D-Bol™ being legal is the lack of an altered C-17th carbon configuration that was found in Dianabol. This makes the product completely safe, with very little to no hepatotoxicity.
The use of D-Bol™has received heaping support from professional bodybuilders and athletes that regularly use the product. This product lets you reap all the benefits of Dianabol without having to sustain any of its negative impacts.
Your Supplier For 100% Legal Steroids Products
About The Author
Terrence Tan Ting is an industrial engineer by profession but a full time writer by passion. He loves to write about a wide range of topics from many different industries thanks to his undying curiosity.